Hey guys!
Is there a way to customize the project sidebar to my liking? All the crossed items we don't use/need and I would rather add my own links to actually relevant content. I could not find anything online and the shortcuts also do not have a "pen" to edit them. Any ideas?
Cheers
Jonas
Hi @Jonas Börnicke welcome to the Atlassian community.
That's a good query to customize the sidebar shortcuts. Atlassian is currently working on the same and have suggested these steps:
"Add a setting in the project administration on how to view a project summary. i.e: Disable/enable any tabs such as: Reports, Issues, Components"
You may caste your vote on this service ticket for Customizing project sidebar.
Stay safe and stay healthy.
The bottom four appear to relate to apps which have been added to your Jira instance. You could also put in a request to the app vendors to allow an option for whether they offer access in the project sidebar -- not all do.
I find this particularly annoying, especially when the app isn't used in the project. Some apps allow per-project enablement, and control over whether they are enabled for new projects by default (bonus points for those apps).
Do make suggestions to App vendors. They have a smaller scope than Atlassian, and are more able to respond to ideas for increasing user happiness.
Note: the above "Service ticket" link is for Jira Server. If you use Jira Cloud, vote for this one: JRACLOUD-60880
+1 to the questionI would add the bonus question of can they be reordered?
@G subramanyam thanks for the link. With this suggestion being raised in 2016 and nothing having happened so far, I do not see this happening any time soon, if ever. 🤣
Thank you @Jonas Börnicke for accepting my answer.
From the Jira interface, I believe their should a place in the software to display the shortcuts for the external plugins for easy access. The sidebar would address that place. I can relate that to Windows OS with shortcut icons for easy and quick access.
However, it would be nice to customize the list of sidebar shortcuts and I'm hoping they will have a look at it.
Thanks! I will have a look at whether the apps allow hiding their shortcut or whether I can deactivate them on a per-project level.
I still really think that Atlassian needs to provide some solution to edit/hide and organize/order these shortcuts. We do not even use that many apps, I don't want to think about what the sidebar must look like for a really large organization with many apps in use. 🙄
@Mykenna Cepek do you know where to find information in Atlassian documentation how that can be done? I am searching the Internet but still can't find anything.
Not sure what documentation you're looking for, @Miroslav Lazarevic
I don't believe Atlassian offers any controls for the order or visibility of the content that installed Apps put in the Jira or Confluence sidebar. So I can't point you to anything docs for that.
As I mentioned above, the best bet is to look at settings offered by the individual Apps themselves. Some offer per-project visibility, for example. However, this only addresses visibility in the sidebar, not ordering.
I'm not aware of anything that will reorder things in the sidebar.
And again, the best opportunity for change here is to let the App vendor(s) know that they need to offer more sidebar visibility controls.
Please see my response above.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.