I have just updated my Confluence server and doesn't boot. I really like Confluence but the latest updates are crap and Atlassian doesn't even provide any support.
NOTE: Picked up JDK_JAVA_OPTIONS: --add-opens=java.base/java.lang=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.io=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.util=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.base/java.util.concurrent=ALL-UNNAMED --add-opens=java.rmi/sun.rmi.transport=ALL-UNNAMED
[0.000s][warning][gc] -Xloggc is deprecated. Will use -Xlog:gc:/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/gc-2021-06-24_14-37-46.log instead.
24-Jun-2021 14:37:46.782 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin Match [Server] failed to set property [debug] to [0]
24-Jun-2021 14:37:46.822 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin Match [Server/Service/Connector] failed to set property [debug] to [0]
24-Jun-2021 14:37:46.832 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin Match [Server/Service/Engine] failed to set property [debug] to [0]
24-Jun-2021 14:37:46.835 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin Match [Server/Service/Engine/Host] failed to set property [debug] to [0]
24-Jun-2021 14:37:46.859 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin Match [Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context] failed to set property [debug] to [0]
24-Jun-2021 14:37:46.878 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule.begin Match [Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context] failed to set property [debug] to [0]
24-Jun-2021 14:37:47.071 INFO [main] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-nio-8090"]
24-Jun-2021 14:37:47.090 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load Server initialization in [377] milliseconds
24-Jun-2021 14:37:47.094 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal Starting service [Tomcat-Standalone]
24-Jun-2021 14:37:47.094 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal Starting Servlet engine: [Apache Tomcat/9.0.45]
24-Jun-2021 14:37:47.833 INFO [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.
log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key log4j.appender.luceneQuery
log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "luceneQuery".
24-Jun-2021 14:37:47.992 INFO [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log 1 Spring WebApplicationInitializers detected on classpath
24-Jun-2021 14:37:48.148 INFO [Catalina-utility-2] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log Initializing Spring DispatcherServlet 'dispatcher'
14:37:48 [Catalina-utility-2] o.a.c.c.C.[.[.[/synchrony-proxy][INFO] log - Initializing Spring DispatcherServlet 'dispatcher'
2021-06-24 14:37:48,236 INFO [Catalina-utility-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 7.12.2 [build 8703 based on commit hash 9809c79ab645d5a5a549bafa901a5e101dc6e88c] - synchrony version 4.0.0-master-30dece19
Loading class `com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'. This is deprecated. The new driver class is `com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver'. The driver is automatically registered via the SPI and manual loading of the driver class is generally unnecessary.
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy (file:/opt/atlassian/confluence/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/hibernate.adapter-1.0.3.jar) to field java.lang.reflect.Field.modifiers
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.atlassian.hibernate.adapter.proxy.BytecodeProviderImpl_ImplementV2Proxy
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Security framework of XStream not explicitly initialized, using predefined black list on your own risk.
Exception in thread "I/O dispatcher 3" Exception in thread "I/O dispatcher 7" Exception in thread "I/O dispatcher 10" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "I/O dispatcher 6"
Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "I/O dispatcher 8"
Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "I/O dispatcher 7"
Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "I/O dispatcher 2"
Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager[identityToken->2t7qwqaihbuy1pl79x0|3af04c8f]-AdminTaskTimer"
Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "I/O dispatcher 4"
Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "AsyncFileHandlerWriter-234698513"
Exception: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "diagnostics-macro-rendering-thread"
Exception in thread "httpclient-io:thread-1" Exception in thread "logback-5" Exception in thread "ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 19" Exception in thread "I/O dispatcher 5" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "I/O dispatcher 9" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "logback-7" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager[identityToken->2t7qwqaihbuy1pl79x0|3af04c8f]-HelperThread-#2" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "C3P0PooledConnectionPoolManager[identityToken->2t7qwqaihbuy1pl79x0|3af04c8f]-HelperThread-#1" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "I/O dispatcher 1" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "I/O dispatcher 20" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "I/O dispatcher 17" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "I/O dispatcher 19" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "I/O dispatcher 15" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "I/O dispatcher 16" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "I/O dispatcher 12" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Exception in thread "push-notification-http-client-io:thread-1" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space