Hi Guys,
I have a group in jira (local group) with over 10.000 users in it. Can i somehow copy/move let's say half of this users to another local group in same instance?
Can't find a way.
Thanks.
Well I think that using REST API should work. I mean there is a add and get user to group method
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.13.0/#api/2/group-addUserToGroup
https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.13.0/#api/2/group-getUsersFromGroup
So you should be able to build a simple script to get users from a specific group and add them to another in other words move those users that you want.
I was in the past had similar problem but I was using Crowd and was able to use this KB
https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowdkb/how-to-create-a-copy-of-a-group-membership-to-a-new-group-in-crowd-732269562.html
Maybe a similar way would be for Jira but REST API should work..
Not sure, but maybe there are also some plugins to copy groups (and modify them on the fly)but do not have any name on my mind
Maybe you can also use this way..
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-bulk-add-more-than-100-users-to-a-group-321258130.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.