I am trying to perform a simple url rewrite however it seems everything I try does not do what I am expecting.
I am using UrlRewrite 2.5 plugin from tuckey.orgBasically I just want to redirect http://wiki/marketing to http://wiki/display/CORP/Marketing so my end users dont have to type the exra display/CORP.
Here is once example that I tried in my urlrewrite.xml file
<rule> <br><from>^/maketing$</from> <to type="redirect">/display/CORP/Marketing</to> <br></rule>
mod_rewrite works for sure:
RewriteEngine on<br> RewriteRule ^<strong>/</strong>marketing$ /display/CORP/Marketing [R]
RewriteEngine on<br> RewriteRule ^<strong>/</strong>marketing$
/display/CORP/Marketing [R]
2 cents: I never tried this one, but I imagine that the order of the filters is important, so try to move your filter declaration as the first one (so that this is invoked first).
I also think that you should come with more info. What kind of problems do you have ? (what is happening ?)
Thanks for you answer... I will give this a try.
Basically nothing happends as if the rule does not exist.
Have you tried to enable some debug on it ?
<init-param><br> <param-name>logLevel</param-name><br> <param-value>DEBUG</param-value><br></init-param><br>
well ? works ?
The <from> value you have there is "maketing", it should be "marketing" (with an "r").
I was able to get this working by upgrading to conf 4.1 and installing a redirect plugin.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.