Hi,
is it possible to configure the shown custom fields on the "Create linked issue" screen + adding tabs?
The only way I found was setting the specific custom fields "required" in the Field Configuration but they shouldn't be always mandatory.
@Christian Pascher Did you ever find an answer to your query? I would love to know too.
@Shaunna Bennett-Smith unfortunately not.
+1 - especially something as simple as Assignee should be avaialble.
I also would like to be able to do this!
I think here is the issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-3917
I ended up using Clone Plus by Bob Swift to create my own clone/link operation in the Ops bar.
Allows you to fill in all of the custom fields as you'd expect (well it has for us so far).
I still haven't found a way to hide "Create Linked Issue" though so have renamed it for now and put the fear into my users to not use it.
How to add Create linked issue Contractor and Priority to the screen?
+1
+1 Jira where it excels what it does, but fail horribly when it is not the default.
Precisely!
Hi, Community!Please place all your +1's on this issue and vote for it.https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-3917
+1 wold like to implement on one of my project. Let me know if anyone found a way!!!!
+1,000,000
+1. Still need this
definitely +1Though I noticed that mandatory fields are displayed on the create linked issue screen. You just have to set the desired fields mandatory in the corresponding field configuration scheme for the issuetype and they appear on the create linked issue-screen.Its not an optimal solution and not always applicable but it helped me at least on some occasions, so I hope it could be of use to someone here
+1 we need it!
Agree!
I had this issue and I created a browser extension that may be helpful for someone else.
It's good enough for me.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/jira-create-linked-issue
so it is the end of 2020, the problem has not been solved at least since 2016. Perfect work, Atlassian!
@Shaun Smith,
I know this is a really late reply, but maybe someone else can benefit from it
If you happen to have ScriptRunner, there's the Hide UI Element Built-In Script.
You can find it under the Fragments tab in ScriptRunner in the Admin console of Jira.
@WW thank you! I don't need it anymore but it looks like others do, you should paste your suggestion as a direct answer, it will get upvotes and pop to the top of this page
eta: as I think most people probably have scriptrunner. seems like the actual suggestion to make it native in jira by atlassian is still under review after hundred of votes.
@Shaun Smith, the reason I didn't post it as an answer was because it was not an answer to the original question asked. If someone asked it as a separate question, then I'd be glad to add my reply as an answer.
Hi Friend
I have discover a very easy way to add custom fields in the Create linked issue screen.
after digging deep, and it worked for me posting the procedure here in case Someone needs it. Please Accept the answer.
1- find out if you are using shared field configuration. mostly people using default field and share it with all project.
2- create a new field configuration scheme
3- make a copy of the default field configuration scheme and rename it as your project.
4- add the desired custom field to the create Screen of your project issue type.
5- Make the desired custom field required on the " project field configuration"
6- be advice DO NOT dis associate any screen from new Configuration.
Hi Friends
I have discover a new way of added fields to the Create linked issue screen.
maybe someone will need it.
1-create a new fields configuration scheme.
2-Create a copy of the default Field configuration and rename it to the project name
3- add the field confguration to the new scheme you have created.
4- go the project and and change the field configuration the New one you have created.
5-make those field required on the project configuration "the one you have copied"
6- add those field to the create screen of the issue type.
7- Please note to Not dis associate any screen from the field in the new field configuration it will cause to lose the field from other projects.
as you make required the field in the New configuration it wont affect any other project.
Please do not forget to vote if it works for you.
Hi Muhammed,
Thanks for posting this. Using required fields in the existing Field configuration should also work. I tried that out earlier. For projects that are not Service Desk enabled, this is a great interim solution. My case with Service Desk projects is that typically the field I wish to mandate should also NOT be present on the Service Desk form. Unfortunately, we can't have both worlds in this case. If you make a field required on a Service Desk project, you MUST include that field in the RequestType form as well. So, until there is a permanent fix from Atlassian, I am stuck unless someone knows of another work around that also works with Service Desk.
Thanks!
-Tom
.
I haven’t tried yet on service projects i will post here if i can find anything
making a field required on request screen is for customers view but for agent view I will give it a try.
Hi @Tom H
Please let me know if you are find out something for your case, really interested to know
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.