I am experiencing an issue where a user is trying to raise a ticket via another service desk email. All other emails are coming through as requested and generating a ticket. However when my project receives a ticket from another service desk email it receives the request but does not generate a ticket. I have looked at the projects permissions which are set to global and I have created this service desk as a customer to allow the project to raise a ticket. This has not resolved my issue.Can anyone advise if I am missing a step in allowing another service desk to raise a ticket via email to my project?
Hi Anthony,
Can you go to project settings/email requests and click on the view logs? In their inspect for failures and see if you can find one associated with the from email that is causing the issue.
Hello Jack, Thanks for the help. The message I get on the logs have this exception ' The message was rejected because it is auto-reply mail.'I am assuming I would need to change out settings to allow auto-reply mails to create a ticket? Or is that defaulted?
JSM will indeed ‘drop’ those emails. AFAIK, you cannot change in JSM, nor would you want to, IMO. I am a bit confused by your use case. Can you explain further? Maybe there’s an alternative solution here.
Hmm that is understandable. I too find it abit confusing. Essentially I have a customer who wants to raise tickets via an email to my project but using a specific email which is like 'servicedesk@domain.com'
(If they send in a request from their own email it generates a ticket and then I can assign to other members in the project)However, when my jira project receives a request from the email 'servicedesk@domain.com' it will not raise a ticket.
And thanks to your wisdom I have established why its not raising tickets but I guess I am just wondering if there is a way to allow my project to accept a request from the email 'servicedesk@domain.com' and for it to generate a ticket (issue) on my Jira Project.I am still very new to Jira so apologises for my lack of understanding.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.