Hi,
Jira v4.0.1#471
After I open a ticket, I always have to add someone specific to the watching list.
Can it be automated so he will always be a watcher ?
Thanks
Just add the user/s in the notification scheme.
See this then: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/95087/how-do-i-add-a-specific-user-as-a-watcher-using-script-runner
If you want to add users as watchers after creating issue, try "Update Issue Custom Field " post function.
If you want to auto populate the watchers field before creating issue, add the users as default value for the watchers field.
See the answer from @Venkat, it will be easy for you then.
Can you please elaborate how to do this ? Didnt find the way for both of your propositions
The "Update Issue Custom Field " post function comes by the Jira Suite Utilities plugin. Check the compatible version for your Jira version
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities
If you want to auto populate the watchers field before creating issue, add the users as default value for the watchers field Under Custom fields.
Custom fields -> locate watchers field -> click configure -> select edit default value -> add the required users
Hope it helps.
The Update Issue Custom Field " post function comes by Jira Suite utilities plugin. Check the compatible version for your jira
If you want to auto populate the watchers field before creating issue, add the users as default value for the watchers field under custom fields.
Custom fields -> locate watchers field -> click configure -> select edit default value -> add the users
Hope this helps
hi Venkat, I tried to look for the Watchers Field but it's not there under the Custom Fields. Is it because I am using 6.1.4 ? Then I tried to add a Custom Fields with the User picker but I can only add one user as the default value and not multiple users. How will it work if I want multiple users be part of this watchers when the issue is created.
These instructions do NOT work for JIRA 6.4-OD
I have the JIRA Suite Utilities:
...but there is no "watchers" field under custom fields... so there is no way to edit the default values.
Nor does watchers show up under the project fields:
What am I missing?
- Tom
Our organization has developed a plugin to do exactly this. You can automatically watch issues based on any JQL rules you specify. You can find the plugin here.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.