Hi fellow Community members!
I'm migrating a Confluence instance from a regular setup to Docker/ Kubernetes with Atlassian's official image.
My database already contains the data and I don't need to run the database setup wizard again.
I'm using the ATL_DB_TYPE, ATL_JDBC_USER, ATL_JDBC_URL, ATL_JDBC_PASSWORD environment variables. This generates the confluence.cfg.xml file when the container starts.
When navigating to Confluence I get Database Contains Existing Confluence Data.
I noticed this in the config file when comparing it with the classic setup:
- There is no <property name="hibernate.setup">true</property>line.
- <setupStep>xxxxx</setupStep> so is not set to complete. (I forgot what the actual value was.
So I added that "missing" line and set the <setupStep>Complete</setupStep> and restarted the container.
This time Confluence does start. I'm getting some other database errors but I think they are related to a database migration we ran.
Does anyone have experience with this? I read about How to Generate a New confluence.cfg.xml but I do not expect a container to need that kind of manual actions.