I am looking for a way to only clone subtask tickets and assign them to a specific parent ticket or to clone a subtask of a parent ticket and automatically associate the cloned subtask to that parent ticket.
Hey Edward,
You can use a 3rd party add-on like this one.
-- Arthur Gonçalves
Hey Arthur, I've looked into this plugin previously but I'm not sure that it would really fit our needs. I'm not seeing where I can disable parent ticket cloning but still be able to clone a subtask ticket while within the parent ticket, either by clicking on the "More" button (inside the subtask ticket view) or the "gear icon" to clone the subtask (from the parent ticket view).
You can disable the global clone action - see How to enable and disable actions. That give you the restriction. Then you can use Clone Plus for JIRA and a customized clone operation that is restricted to cloning subtasks. See Customization Information for details on various customization options.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.