I work in a larger company and I am a Confluence user. I know Confluence quite well, but in my position I don't have administrator rights.
I am of the opinion that I can, for example, upload an Excel file to Confluence and edit it again from Confluence using the Edit button in Excel.
As described here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf74/edit-files-1003128733.html
But this doesn't work for me:
When I click the Edit button, Confluence tells me to download and install the Atlassian Companion App. I've done this several times, but the request keeps coming back.
We are using Confluence 7.43 and Google Chrome version 91.0.4472.77
My questions:
a.) I have already searched the internet and found some solutions / causes, but none have worked.
Our site has https access and I can imagine that non-standard ports are used. At most, a firewall can still play in.
Does anyone have an idea to get ahead here?
b.) Of course, I've already asked our Confluence administrator about it. His answer was that this feature needed an extended license and that it was too expensive.
Is that correct? I am of the opinion that this function is integrated in the standard of Confluence. If you really don't need another license, I would like to give our administrator a few tips. According to my question a.)
Allready big thanks,
Daniel