How do I find the version of my Bitbucket server?
The version can be found in the footer of the web application. For example, I'm running Bitbucket Server 4.9.1:
Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 11.42.18 AM.png
Jeff Thomas's answer is correct (a.k.a. "the bottom of every page"). If you have admin privileges on your Bitbucket Server instance you can also get detailed version information in the Administration area:
Click on "Administration" (top right corner, a little gear icon).
And then in the left menu, at the very bottom, under "Support", click on "Support Tools."
And then click on the "System Information" tab. You should see something like this:
Base URL: http://vm.bit-booster.com/Bitbucket Build Number: 4007001 Build Timestamp: Tue Jun 14 04:28:14 EDT 2016 Build Version: 4.7.1
p.s. I invite you to try my Bitbucket and JIRA add-ons. Bit-Booster Commit Graph and More (for Bitbucket), and Git Graph for JIRA.
Where do I find the footer? I don't even have one.
I've been looking for version for a long time. Thank you.
I don't have a footer either, but if you go to Help/Online Help via my web application interface, it links to (presumably) the correct version.
I too am unable to find the Bitbucket version anywhere. I am using cloud instance. Should I assume it is always latest?
If so, then I don't see the options mentioned in the documentation for Project settings.
Any help is appreciated.
the footer is on the projects page among others <bitbucket url>/projectsI need to be able to get the information in a programmatic way, I.E. before running an upgrade.
Bitbucket Cloud ?
How should I view the version for Bitbucket Cloud ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.