Have a requirement from a client where a project's issues are guidelines. Other projects will utilize these "guideline issues" to help assignees on how they can complete their issues. I can link these other issues to the "guideline issues" using a specific link but eventually there will be 100s of links to these "guideline issues". I am concerned that this will have some performance hit when viewing these "guideline issues" sometime down the road, is this a concern I should have? Are there any other concerns I should be aware of?
If anyone has another idea on how I can link the issues without using Jira linking I am open to suggestions. However there is another requirement for reporting that any suggestion will also need to support which is being able to create a report (or JQL result) to know how many issues are using a specific "guideline issue" over the past 6 mths/year.