Is there a way to add a field for "time estimation" on a task? I'd like to use that to see how much time total a user is spending on their projects and compare it to their overall utilization to see if they're overworking.
Thanks!
@Ali Nasrallah You can achieve this using Jira structure!
Hi, @Ali Nasrallah. @Sadeesh Narendran is right, you can def. do this with Structure. But first, tell us more about your use case.
The more you tell us, the easier it will be to give you good advice.
-dave [ALM Works]
Hey @Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_ and @Sadeesh Narendran , thanks for the quick answers!
Dave, to answer your questions:
Thanks both!
Got it! If you are using Jira Cloud Premium it includes Advance Roadmaps. And, AR can do what you describe.
If not, you'll need to upgrade to Jira premium or choose a marketplace app (like Structure) to do what you need to do. There are more apps you can consider besides Structure. This search gives you a good list to start with:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/addons/top-rated?category=Project%20management&hosting=cloud&query=portfolio
I used "portfolio" in this case because it shows apps the work across Jira projects and teams. Full disclosure: Structure, and Structure.Gantt which is an optional add-on to Structure, are on the search results page -- and I work for the company that makes Structure. But my search shows other apps you may wish to consider, too. (If I were you though, I'd look at @Sadeesh Narendran's recommendation first. He is not affiliated with ALM Works - he's a user, like you.)
Hope this helps,
-dave
Structure looks like it should work then! My only concern is that I'm not sure if we can download apps from the marketplace due to compliance reasons. If this turns out to be the case, is there another alternative already built into Jira? Is there a certain way to create something using JQL?
Thanks for your guys help so far
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.