I am doing prep work for our Jira upgrade from 6.x to 7.x before cloud/data center migration. I am confused about few plugins that are there. Could you please let me know if you know about the below plugins? Will these be needed to be installed in the latest version of server too? Or these are implemented as features in the latest version? Or these might not be needed if migrated to Cloud or DC?
There are kind of two questions here.
There's the upgrade question first. That's actually quite easy - for an upgrade, most (probably all) of this list of plugins is irrelevant. When upgrading, you do not need to think about "system" plugins. Check the list of "user installed" plugins instead - those are the ones you need to bring up to their latest version before upgrade, and then again after you've upgraded the core. System plugins are handled by the core.
The second one is the move to Cloud. The baseline here is forget apps - Cloud and Server are different software, and even when apps have the same name and function, from the same vendor, they're totally different. Look at the functions your (user installed) apps add - you need to look at equivalents for Cloud. (In many cases, a Cloud version of the app from the same vendor is likely to be the best option, but not always). What I'm saying here is don't look at it from the app point of view, look at it from the functionality end.
Thanks, @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- for explaining it to me. For the other user-installed plugins apart from the listed ones above, I have already found the plugins with the baseline as functionality.
But, these listed plugins are categorized under user-installed plugins, I didn't include the system plugins in the list. So, I should be looking for the latest version or the functionality-oriented relative plugins for these?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.