I want to have a column in a structure that calculates the amount of work for a given task that will fall in a given time period.
For instance, if I have a task that has 15 story points and starts on June 7 and ends on June 25 (3 weeks) I want it to calculate that the task has 5 story point for the weeks of June 7, June 14, June 21.
I can do this with the following formula:
if(days_between(startdate,duedate) > 0;
ftedays*if(duedate > 0;
max(0,7-max(0,days_between(date("Jun 21, 2021"),startdate)) -
max(0,days_between(duedate,date("Jun 27, 2021")))))/days_between(startdate,duedate)/7)
This gives me exactly what I need, but I need to change the formula for each column to change the dates. Can Jira read the dates "Jun 21, 2021" and "Jun 27, 2021" from somewhere, perhaps the formula name, so I don't need to change the formula for each column manually?
(`ftedays` above is just a renaming of Story Points)
Thanks,
Luke