A Jira bug was reassigned back to me for testing. However, the bug is not fixed so I need to reopen it. How do I reopen it?
Hi @Shirlene Schofield,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
It all depends on how your workflow is set up for the Bug issue type. If you look at your workflow you can see if there is a transition that will reopen the issue or not.
To be able to reopen or transition back to to do status then there must be a transition in your workflow that allows that to occur. Can you check your workflow to see if such a transition exists? If not he will need to get the admin to add that transition to the workflow so that you can then reopen the issue.
This is a screenshot of my workflow. I accidently press 'Deferred' so now it's in that state. I just need to reopen. The bug is currently assigned to me.
You should be able to transition it to Closed and then to Reopened, unless there is a restriction on who can move the issue to closed. You may want to check with your Jira admin if you do not see the Closed transition.
Thank you Mikael. That worked!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.