We just upgraded from Confluence 7.11.2 to 7.12.2 on Windows. The upgrade was successful. However, after starting the service after the upgrade, the Confluence page would not note. In Chrome, it just spins and spins and spins.
We are using MySQL 5.7.33 with the mysql-connector-java-8.0.25.jar connector.
I am new to having to troubleshoot Confluence--it's just always worked for us.
I am honestly stumped and do not know where to begin. I appreciate the help. Thanks!
EDIT: If someone can tell me what logs to post (and where they are) I can do that. I don't see an "attach" option here so not sure how I would post these.
EDIT: I am getting these errors in the MySQL log only after I kill the Atlassian Confluence service. I have not changed anything in my.ini. Once I kill the Atlassian service, I get like 20 of these entries in the MySQL error log.
2021-06-07T20:27:01.543351Z 1404 [Note] Aborted connection 1404 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.555726Z 1171 [Note] Aborted connection 1171 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.560195Z 1405 [Note] Aborted connection 1405 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.560606Z 1399 [Note] Aborted connection 1399 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.561395Z 1394 [Note] Aborted connection 1394 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.561765Z 1389 [Note] Aborted connection 1389 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.561818Z 1400 [Note] Aborted connection 1400 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.563478Z 1397 [Note] Aborted connection 1397 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.565064Z 1406 [Note] Aborted connection 1406 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.565647Z 1407 [Note] Aborted connection 1407 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.565706Z 1402 [Note] Aborted connection 1402 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.565761Z 1401 [Note] Aborted connection 1401 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.565811Z 1391 [Note] Aborted connection 1391 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.565891Z 1395 [Note] Aborted connection 1395 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.566373Z 1398 [Note] Aborted connection 1398 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.566393Z 1403 [Note] Aborted connection 1403 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.569560Z 1393 [Note] Aborted connection 1393 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.570358Z 1392 [Note] Aborted connection 1392 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.570374Z 1396 [Note] Aborted connection 1396 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
2021-06-07T20:27:01.570930Z 1390 [Note] Aborted connection 1390 to db: 'confluence' user: 'confluenceuser' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)