Hello all,
I have a question regarding the order of appearance for KB articles in Jira Service Desk portal. I am aware of the "smart graph" technology which is - if I am informed correctly - about finding the correct request type.
To my knowledge the order of appearance for KB articles in Service Desk depends on the age of the articles, usage of buzz words in titles and texts itself as well as incoming/outgoing links. There was a very useful link to Atlassian’s documentation about it (which I hardly can’t find again) however the actual question is if there’s a way to change it (apart of categories)?
Let’s assume there’s a Service Desk portal (running on Jira Server) and there’s a bunch of briefing articles containing service descriptions (in German: “Steckbrief Service XY”). Those articles have been created most recently but shall not appear at the top of the result list within the SD portal. Nonetheless they should be available.
I was wondering if we can influence the order? In the screenshot below there are a couple “Steckbrief” articles which preferably do not appear as the first search result. Is there any way or trick to achieve this?

- Hosting Type: Jira/Confluence Server
- Jira Software: 8.5.1
- Service Desk: 4.5.1
- Confluence: 7.1.2
Many thanks in advance!
Johannes