for some reason, i cant move issues from one column to the other, and i have no idea wat to do what this message box is telling me to do. Anyone have an idea?
Hi Michael,
I see that sometimes when there is a Validator or a Condition on the transition. I would check that first to see if either of those exist and whether you are excluded from the checks.
im sort of new to jira-would you mind explaining exactly how i can do that?
Sure - go to Settings > Issues > Workflows
Find the workflow that the project is using
Click on Edit
Click on the line going to the status that you are trying to transition to
That will popup a box on the right side. Check to see if there is any value for the Validators and Conditions options.
Then click into those to see what is there
im the admin. what can i do from my end?
John's steps show you the reason you are not able to move the JIRA ticket from one state to another. I had a similar problem with hiring workflow that was using the Hiring template Recruitment Workflow SchemeWe accidentally moved a candidate to Rejected and unable to move the candidate back to Screening. See the workflow diagram. Note that there is no way to move the task from Rejected state to any other state.
For this, I used a workaround of changing the issue type to Task Management workflow group which allowed moving bi-directionally between To-Do and Done. Moved the ticket back to initial state and then changed the issue type back to Hiring. Now the candidate was back in Screening state.
I hope this workaround helps in your case as well.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.