Hello,
How can I make a custom field required on a transition with ScriptRunner?
Let's say the field has the name "xx yyy".
Many thanks in advance.
Leo
The standard answer is "use a validator" - it should be as simple as saying "customfield 'xx yyy' is not empty", you might not even need a script for it.
You might also be able to do it with a Behaviour, which works on the UI side rather than on the back-end in the workflow with a validator, but that could be a bit more complex to implement and won't catch it if people are using the REST API.
1. The "validator" was already in the question title (see above)
2. There is no "simple validator" on the Server. And I am on the server (see above on the right).
3. Could you post a simple code please?
4. Thanks for your quick reply.
1. Yeah, I just wanted to be clear there were other options
2. Yep, you mentioned Scriptrunner - Jira has a couple of very simple validators built in, but nothing of any serious usefulness. SR lets you create validators that can do almost everything
3. The pseudo code is really just "if custom field has value, return true". I don't usually do copy and paste, but in this case, it's easy enough that I can probably do it from memory
def customField = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).findByName(customFieldName)assert customField: "Could not find custom field with name $customFieldName"if issue.getCustomFieldValue(customField) return true
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Hi Nic,
Thanks a lot for your code.
Could you please inform, what should I change
1. to get rid of the following error message?
2. to enter my custom field named "xx yyy"?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.