I can update a table on a confluence page using something like this:
from atlassian import Confluence
import pandas as pd
conf_site = 'https://your-domaine.com/'
conf_user = {username}
conf_pass = {password}
page_title = {pageTitle}
page_space = {pageSpace}
page_id = {pageID}
# connect to Confluence
conf = Confluence(url=conf_site, username=conf_user, password=conf_pass)
# get current page content
page = conf.get_page_by_id(page_id, expand='body.view')
page_content = page['body']['view']['value']
#get table
table = pd.read_html(page_content)
table = table[0] #Only one table on the page
#add new column to table
table['D'] = ''
#convert table to HTML
newHTML = table.to_html(index=False)
#new page content
page_content = newHTML
# update page with new content
conf.update_page(page_id, page_title, page_content)
However, what do I do when I want to update a table inside a Table Excerpt?
I have tried to modify the entire page_content including <div> , classes etc. and send it back to confluence. However the table I end up with is no longer inside a Table Excert.
Any suggestions how to do this?