Hello,I saw here that it's possible to create a ticket in Jira directly from an email for licensed users.But is it possible for non-licensed users? Thank you for your answers !
Hi @Romy Roger Welcome to Atlassian Community!
It's feasible to create an issue via email for non-jira users. For this you need to set Default Reporter in Mail Handler.
Thanks
V.Y
Hi @Romy Roger ,
You don't specifically mention whether you use Jira Service Management (JSM) or Jira Software.
For Jira Software it's not that easy, but you can use the work around mentioned by @Vikrant Yadav to set a default reporter.
For JSM its perfectly possible but you need to use the Jira Service Management email handler and not the regular email one.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver033/receiving-requests-by-email-861255251.html
And the default user must be licensed. The idea here is that issues created by non-licensed users will be created under the licensed user account.
Hi @Dirk Ronsmans ,I use Jira Software, I will try with the work around mentioned by @Vikrant Yadav Thank you for your help!!
@Romy Roger Cool! Glad to hear it helps you
Additionally (what I struggled with) was that the user also needs access to the project where it will create the issues.
@Thijs yes user must have create issue permission to create issue in a project. If you set default reporter then that reporter should have create issue permission in that project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.