is there any other way to download the JavaMelody plugin
I download jira-confluence-javamelody-1.87.0.jar from below link.
https://github.com/javamelody/jira-confluence-javamelody/releases
but the website is blocked for me because of HSBC policy.
is there any other way I can download this jar file?
Hi,
If you have Jira installed on Linux, you can download it from the command line (depending on the type of Linux):
curl -L0 https://github.com/javamelody/jira-confluence-javamelody/releases/download/1.87.0/jira-confluence-javamelody-1.87.0.jar
or
wget https://github.com/javamelody/jira-confluence-javamelody/releases/download/1.87.0/jira-confluence-javamelody-1.87.0.jar
For Windows Server you can use PowerShell:
$client = new-object System.Net.WebClient $client.DownloadFile("https://github.com/javamelody/jira-confluence-javamelody/releases/download/1.87.0/jira-confluence-javamelody-1.87.0.jar","C:java_melody.jar")
Pavel
There is a much, much older version available on the original project hosting on Google Code. That might be worth a shot to get around your company's domain block, but again - this is a very old version.
It's possible you could download a current release from Github (the official source) from a personal machine and transfer it via a flash drive or email to your work machine. This would be necessary if you're trying to install it on an air-gapped machine, for example. I think this might be close to the case given that you're getting an NXDOMAIN trying to ping it.
I would also recommend just reaching out to your IT team and explaining the situation - you need some software from the internet to do your job properly, and their current policy is preventing you from getting it. Either they'll have a workaround (for example, using a flash drive) or they'll need to revisit the particular policy.
Hi Pavel.
thx for reply.
I don't know why my brower can access github.com. but my linux server can't notify this hostname. and I can't also ping github.com in powershell.
Any other way I can get the jar file. I was trying to download the source code. but I encounter some license error when I extract it.
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your advice, this old version might not be compatible with my Jira-8.8.1.
will try to download from my personal machine.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.