I am a complete beginner in terms of knowledge of JIRA and JQL, so I apologize if I ask 'the same thing' twice. Please do your best to explain things at a beginner level.
I understand curl on linux transfers server data, and in my case it just prints onto a terminal. I want to be able to run a curl command on a JIRA issue page, and have it print out a specific value--the value of the labels.
I have read that JQL does not support this since JQL cannot return field values specifically, but I wanted to ask this question myself to see if there was an update. Can I use JQL to return a field value ONLY? That way when I run my curl command I print that value ONLY?
Thank you ahead of time, I do not expect a 'yes,' I would just like to know if I am wasting my time looking for an answer.