Hello,
I have a weird behavior from Opsgenie Android application on my smartphone since few month now, where notification sound suddenly stop after few seconds.
My setup is as follow:
* I have a custom ringtone set in opsgenie app
* I enabled "play notification max volume", "persistent notification"
* Rules: Uppon alert, I have the notification sound directly, then SMS 2 min after, then call.
* I live with phone in vibrate and rely on "play sound at max volume" to wake me up during the night or catch my attention in the day
What I expect (and that was indeed what was working last year):
* I keep my phone in "vibrate" mode
* When an alert is received, opsgenie removes vibrate mode and plays continuously notification sound at max volume
* If I don't pick up, I can here the SMS sound 2 min after at max volume too (because notification is still playing)
=> Notification sound stops when I ack or pick the phone then phone goes back in vibrate mode.
What happens now (I noticed this during an alert 2 month ago I think, and I can reproduce at will by creating alerts on my own):
* Phone is in "vibrate" mode, as always
* When alert is received, opsgenie removes vibrate mode and plays notification at max volume, but only for 20s approximately.
* After that, opsgenie puts the telephone in "silent" mode (so, not even vibrate)
* Nothing happens after that (no notif sound, and because of silent mode, sms and call remain silent) -> because opsgenie put the phone in silent.
I tried several things as I can reproduce:
* during all tests I kept the phone still on a stable face down to avoid Android messing with the possibility I was on my phone
* with and without "Do not disturb" Android mode -> same
* keep the phone with volume set to a normal level for ringtone/notification ("normal" mode) -> same (phone goes into silent even in that config)
* tried several custom notification sounds (5s ones, 5min ones, ....) -> same
* tried to remove persistent notif in opsgenie app -> same
* tried to remove "play at max volume" in opsgenie app -> the issue does not reproduce (sound plays indefinitely in that case)
So my mitigation for now is to live with phone in "normal" mode but it's very annoying because I need to think to switch it back in that mode before going to bed or going in a noisy env.
I think there is a regression somewhere because it used to work and today's behavior is clearly not expected. Note that this setup works for some of my colleagues so I don't know exactly where is the problem.
Tested phones (both failing now):
* A5 2017 (it used to work on that phone, then it started to not work 2 month ago I'd say)
* A52 (got it recently and never worked as intended - exact same behavior as A5)
Thanks for your help!
EDIT:
I've tried few other things without luck:
* putting back default notification sound in opsgenie app -> same
* removing default battery optim in Android system settings -> same
* removing adaptive notification from Android settings -> same
I'm taking a dump of logs from system when this happens but I have no clear clue in this 