I am trying to figure out which data types in Jira have built in functionality and which are more “benign”.
Examples:
Although I can add my own issue types, it appears that Jira has unique built-in(?) treatment of many of these. Such as a specific parent-child relationship and not other relationships. Sub-Task is both a behavior and also an Issue Type. Is Feature different from Improvement in its behavior anywhere? Where can I find the specifics around what behaviors really exist in Jira Vs what is offered and is at my disposal?
If I go to add a relationship (as in “blocks”, “blocked by”), its seems that all I am creating is a text that accompanies that link type. No real other functionality. However, at times it seems that in Jira (Or some plug ins) there is some specific treatment of some of these.
These (especially the first) are especially of interest where I am creating a project that supports both Waterfall and Agile development. Waterfall for certain types of Bugs and Agile for pure development.
Thanks,
Mike