I read the documentation on organizations and the one regarding SSO and SAML and I can't seem to answer this question:
Is it possible to have 2 organizations (2 domains) and 2 identity providers in Atlassian access for the same JSM Cloud instance ?
Hi @Carmen Nadeau ,
Yes you can set up 2 organizations with separate domains and separate identity providers, and users in both organizations can access the same JSM Cloud instance for SSO purposes.
The only caveats I would note are:
I have the same question - is it possible to use SSO\SAML IdP provider only for the one of our site or organization?
I read your comment and the link document in reference in it.
Your answer surprised me and I re-read this page:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/saml-single-sign-on-and-provisioning-for-service-desk-customers-1027113836.html
In my mind what you are saying and what it is written is completly at the opposite. In the article it is imply that a customer do not use a licence and can be manage in Atlassian acces and can log with SSO,
Wich one is it ? It does have an impact for us.
Those 2 pages says basically the same thing, one was for JSD and the other for JSM
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/configure-atlassian-access-saml-single-sign-on-and-user-provisioning-for-customer-accounts-in-jira-service-management-1038778740.html
Our employes should be able to login with SSO to the portal once their accounts exist, no?
@Carmen Nadeau apologies for the confusing language. I was trying to summarize what the documentation already says, it is correct.
Customers that are users in the site with Atlassian accounts with no application access can have SSO enforced, but are not billable for Atlassian Access.
JSM also has a feature called "portal-only customer accounts" that cannot use SSO today. This distinction is better explained in that second link you referenced above.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.