I need to use JQL with my JIRA so that I can perform nested if then statements and do more extensive data hygiene on my JIRA database. I need to know how I can find out whether I have JQL and if so how to install it or start utilizing it?
Hi @Richard
Everyone has JQL provided they have access to JIRA. Simply put it is a search feature available to anyone who can access JIRA.
As for what results you will get, it depends on what project permissions you have. Your search would always only return results for projects and issues you can see in JIRA itself.
If you have a more specific question then do clarify.
Thank you for a quick response. I have access to most if not all my JIRA projects. How can I start using JQL?
Go to Issues > Search for Issues in your JIRA instance. See: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/advanced-searching-939938733.html
If you are using a script then please refer to JIRA Server API or parse your search via Rest API.
I hope this helps.
Regards.
Does the advanced filter "JQL" allow me perform nested if then statements? for example if "Closed Date" contains a date and "Status" isn't closed provide me all the JIRAS that contain these variables?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.