I have seen some posts about changing the name of a project, which can be done in the project settings, but I would like a kind of checklist of things to do if a project has been in place for a while when we decide to change its name.
Let we have a project called Acme Building Codes, with key ABC. This project could have one or more boards, and several issues at various stages of completion, as well as epics, etc.
Now management wants to call it Demax Excavation Files, with key DEF, with no trace of the old name afterwards.
What steps are required to change everything in this project to the new name? Some of the changes might be automatic following the change to the project name and key in the project settings, while others might require changes manually.
I am guessing that I would need to
- manually change the project name and key in the project settings
- manually change the name and filter of each board
- manually change each and every existing issue in the project, completed or not, so ABC-1 and ABC-2 should be DEF-1 and DEF-2, etc.
Is there anything else, and are there any problems or limitations that might prevent this from working?