Need help - We would like to show important information related tot he company at the Confluence dashboard along with the Welcome message, Spaces, All Updates, Favorites, Network.
Thank you.
Hi Vishaly:
This is why I did. I went to teh confluence admin> layouts under site layouts I edit the global layout using this (just search the dashboard-group left and replace everything with this)
<div class="dashboard">
<div class="dashboard-section">
#if ($mode == "dashboard")
#parse ("/decorators/includes/dashboard-navigation.vm")
#requireResourcesForContext("dashboard")
#rssautodiscovery($action.rssDescriptor)
#permitSearchEngines()
<div class="dashboard-group left">
$helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{include:ds:[your new page]|nopanel=true}")
</div>## left
#else
<content tag="content-navigation">
<div id="navigation" class="content-navigation">
<ul class="ajs-menu-bar">
#menuMacros_renderButton("system.${mode}.button")
</ul>
</div>
</content>
<div class="dashboard-group $!mode">
$body
#end
Create a new page with all the info you want along with the macros (web spaces, etc). Save the page and make sure it belongs to a public webspace, like the tutorial one.
Then add in this part include your new page
With this you will have a custom dashboard and you can change it as you want it.
I hope this can help!!!
Hello Vishali,
Of Course! You can achieve this with 2 options, through Confluence or through plugins.
From Confluence perspective you can customize it with simple modifications:
Or coud try to go a deeper leve an edit the whole vm for Dashboard:
Then we have the option to use plugins. There is a great plugin from Adaptavist that does the trick, and its beautiful:
Hope this helps you!
Cheers,
Guilherme
Hi Vishali:
I found and error in my post ... please ignore this comment (just search the dashboard-group left and replace everything with this) ... it should read find the div related to dashboard and replace it with this.
Sorry
Ray
Ray,
Thank you so much for the detailed information on how to customize the dashboard. How can I make a page belong to a public webspace?
Regards,
When I try to create a page, it will create in one of the spaces that I have created. If I create a space that is available to anonymous users and have that page there,will that become a public page?
Thanks,
yes it will if the space allowed anonymous access, if not maybe you can redirect your users to the login as their landing page instead of the dashboard. we dont have sensitive data at the dashboard so we keep it public but we applied access roles to web spaces so even though is public you cant see all the web spaces. the good thing about this approach is that you can customize the dashboard without plugins or third party apps.
I forgot to tell you, the easiest way to do it is to put the page somewhere within the tutorial page that Confuence has out-of-the-box. We decided to keep that space anonymous so users can understand confluence and how it works and also for contributors to learn about confluence. Becuase this is an all-purpose non sensitive web space we moved the "new dashbord page" to that location. It just the easiest way for us maybe you will find something better and if you do please pass me the hint
Have a good day
Thank you very much for immediate response. I don't see the tutorial page now in Confluence. Might have deleted it. Is there a way that I can restore it?
Maybe you can, Im not sure about that one, probably installing it again but I dont know for sure, anyway you dont need specifically that webspace you can create your own web space and put the page in its root. The only pros about having in the tutorial one is that you at least have a complete web space with something to read and use instead of having only a public space just for the page.
I have created a page and am using the following (made sure anonymous has access to that page). I am seeing this error in the dashboard - "Unable to render {include} The included page could not be found".
#assistiveSkipLink("assistive.skiplink.to.dashboard.recent.updates" "dashboard-recently-updated")<div class="pagebody"> #parse ( "/template/includes/actionerrors.vm" ) <div class="dashboard"> <div class="dashboard-section"> #if ($mode == "dashboard") #parse ("/decorators/includes/dashboard-navigation.vm") #requireResourcesForContext("dashboard") #rssautodiscovery($action.rssDescriptor) #permitSearchEngines() <div class="dashboard-group left"> <div class="dashboard-item welcome-message"> $action.welcomeMessage </div> #dashboard_renderGlobalActions("dashboardActionsId", ["system.dashboard"] ) #foreach ($webPanel in $webInterfaceManager.getDisplayableWebPanels("atl.dashboard.left", {})) <div class="dashboard-item"> $!webPanel.getHtml($req.getParameterMap()) </div> #end </div>## left <div class="dashboard-group right"> #$helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{recently-updated-dashboard:showProfilePic=true}") $helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{include:ds:Encompass Admin Whiteboard|nopanel=true}") </div>## right
Thank you, Guilherme.
You may want to try ourĀ Custom Dashboards add-on for Confluence, which allows you to replace the default dashboard of Confluence with a custom one defined on a wiki page. There you can use any content or macro you like. Here's an example dashboard:
custom-dashboards-screenshot.png
Hope this helps
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.