We want to begin using the Affects Versions field in JIRA. We have multiple tickets open and would like to update the tickets with a version in teh Affects Versions Field. We are now showing the field (when it was hidden previously) but we don't know how to update that field. Can anyone offer suggestions?
We are using JIRA v5.2
thank you everyone for your help. the crazy thing is we can now add the version to all our issues except our service request issues. we can see on the issue itself a space where Affects Version is listed and None is listed next to it. However, it is grayed out and when we click edit on our Service Issues still no option to add the version. but at this point I will take it working with all of our other issues. thank you all for your help.
You edit it. Same as any other field.
Could you explain why you think you don't know how to update it?
If I understand you correctly the problem is that you are now showing the field, but there are no versions listed.
If so, the reason is that you first need to define the versions for the JIRA project.This is described in the Managing Versions documentation.
I am sorry, I guess I asked the wrong question. We have added versions but how do we now add jira tickets to the version?
Same again - edit the issues and put a version on them!
Hi Shannon, Mostlikely your Service request issues are just uising a different screen you'd need to add the field to those as well. The only settings that can (by default) change the usability of a built-in field are the screen and field configuration. That or you have a different project for your service request that has no versions?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.