Related to https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/20032/jira-daily-email-with-assigned-tickets
The answer above puts the onus on the assignee to set the filter.
For JIRA v4.1.2#531 is there a way that an administrator can mass set/force a daily or weekly summary to all assignees on a project?
Yes. Create have a group which includes all of the people in the project and create a daily group subscription with the filter containing the criteria (Assigned to = Current User). This will result in each individual to receive a mail daily with the list of tasks assigned to him.
Thanks Renjith.
Are there any drawbacks to this method; I am thinking specifically if the group contains serveral hundered users? Can it cause system slow downs or can the notifications be set up to be sent out of hours?
EDIT tried it myself and can see that the subscriptions can be scheduled TY!
It is not known to cause system slowdowns and additionally Jira will only send mails only to those users who are having issues assigned to them.
Ok, great
That is exactly what I have replied on the top - Create a subscription for your filter on a daily basis
I tried it worked.Thanks for that
But when i subscribe, i get a mail which contains only 2 fields. I need automatic mails in HTML or word format ? I tried but i could not find any options .. is there any way which i can edit my mailing format ?
I can export the reports manually in excel, word etc but mail comes in a particular format with only 2 fields i.e Key And Summary .
Please let me know if i there is a way .. thanks in advance
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.