I can find no way to return to normal paragraph text after a bulleted list. This despite the fact that pressing Return after the last line isn't producing a new bulleted line. No matter how many blank lines I add, pressing the bulleted-list button in the toolbar to deactivate it always removes the last bullet... which I want to keep.
Here's a screen grab.
Hi @Gavin Stokes . I can't see the issue you are seeing both cloud and server confluence platforms. Perhaps its particular version you have. I viewed the video. I saw you are able to create a new line without a bullet point but it seems indented along with the other bullet points. See if you can use the outdent button.
Thanks for the reply. I don't know what was going on there. Eventually I tried Ctrl-Return to insert a hard return, and this produced another bulleted line. After that, all returns produced bulleted lines as expected, and I was able to cancel them with the toolbar control.
The editor behavior seems a little flaky. Later, I typed a hyphen and it applied strikethrough to the entire paragraph. Undo reversed that, and the next hyphen didn't do it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that things return to normal but definitely not part of the design.
Cloud platform here. Editor is quite poor.CTRL-return in 'permanent bulleted mode' does nothing. Command-return "saves" the document, idiotically. No escape from "bullet time". Worst editor I have used.
Shift + tab
will try this, thanks. Did you learn this from painful experience, or is there some clear documentation you've found on how to get the "challenged" Atlassian editors to respond more normally?
A bit of luck and playing around ;-)
I guess you could use the Shift+tab or click on the bullet list icon again.Since we know it removes the bullet for the last item in the list , might i suggest you add some garbage/sacrificial list item at the end and hit the bullet list / Shift+Tab on it.Once the list ends you can delete this garbage item and you are free to now use a new heading or whatever you want free from weird indentation.Hardly optimal , but i guess it can work.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.