Hello,
we recently upgraded to JIRA version 8.5, and found a difference in behaviour with the previous version (must have been 6.x ? I don't remember).
In our settings, for some projects, a main JIRA (say Bug or Feature) will end up with several subtask of different types (e.g. Development, Test, Documentation).
Some main JIRAs are linked (e.g. "related to") across projects because they belong to different products, and that's how we track inter-product compatibility/dependencies.
Now in the past linking JIRAs was only linking the main JIRAs. Now, for some projects, all the subtasks are suddenly inheriting the link, but not for all.
E.g.
I got my main JIRA AAA-1 and BBB-1 in two different projects (AAA and BBB)
AAA-1 has one subtask: AAA-2
BBB-1 has 3 subtasks: BBB-2, BBB-3 and BBB-4
If I link AAA-1 and BBB-1, with "is related to", the following links are created:
AAA-1 is related to BBB-1
AAA-1 is related to BBB-2
AAA-1 is related to BBB-3
AAA-1 is related to BBB-4
And that, whether I start the link from AAA-1 or BBB-1.
In one case the subtask is not linked (here AAA-2), but in the other they are (BBB-2, BBB-3, BBB-4).
I cannot find where this behaviour could be defined, in the project configuration, or in the administration page.
Can anyone help ?
Thanks and regards,
Thomas