How can i easily change projectlead (bulk change) in jira cloud?Can i use an automation rule for doing this or do i need a plugin?
thanks for feedback.
Automation is for changing issues, not project settings. Also, there's no bulk change for project lead, as there's only one lead per project.
I don't remember seeing any app that would allow you to change the lead for multiple projects in one go, I'd be looking to scriptrunner to write some one-off code for it.
Automation can't do it.
As usual Bob Swift's excellent ACLI (Atlassian Command Line Interface) can.
You would use updateProject with --lead parameter. To change in Bulk, you could combine that with runFromProjectList
It would be something like:
acli --action runFromProjectList --regex "ZJIRACLIPROJECTS.*" \--common "-a updateProject \--project \"@project@\" --lead \"newlead@yourcompany.com\" " --continue
Or if you have a list of projects in a CSV where you need to bulk-change the lead, you could do something like this:
acli --action runFromCSV --file newleads.csv --common "-a updateProject \--project \"@project@\" --lead \"@lead@\" " \--options setReplacementVariables --continue
This assumes a newleads.csv file that looks like this:
project,leadFOO,foolead@yourcompany.comBAR,barlead@yourcompany.com
I suspect the Jira API could do it, but that's still writing some code (outside of Jira Automation).
There's a free app I made on marketplace that does just that using CSV.
I assume that you've resolved your issue. But maybe someone else will have similar issue. I can recommend using add-ons called Projectrak - Project Tracking for Jira.
If you have any question how to do using that, please don't hesitate to contact me
Thank you very much for the recommendation, @Anna Konieczna; however, the bulk change feature is only available for the Data Center/Server version at the moment.
If @Bruno Staub, you're more curious about our app in its cloud version, you can check it here.
Thanks!
@Huwen Arnone _Deiser_Devoteam_ oh ok. I was thinking that it also works for jira cloud. I'm using server and it works perfect for me
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.