Hello,
It's getting to be standard these days that typing @ will reference a user. It would be nice if I wanted to refererence a JIRA user I could do so easily by typing @ and a popup list of suggestions appears.
Hi Neal,
As Jeff noticed this feature is in our roadmap. I'll inform you as soon as we ship it. Meanwhile please use Ctrl+M shortcut to start Mention dialog.
Are you wanting a list of users to popup immediately after typying @ with no characters after?
I'm not sure how it should be implement, I would imagine if you start typing it should show matches i.e. if you typed @n it would pull my name and others starting with N.
This is already implemented in JIRA. See the blog post about Using watchers and @mentions effectively for more details.
You will need the Browser Users Global Permission.
When I type @ nothing happens in the JREditor. I have to use the button with the person and that shows a popup people picker. I'm using google chrome for my browser. When I type @ and/or @n should I be seeing a list appear?
Ahh, I didn't know you were using JEditor. I found this answer that says @mentions are on the roadmap for JEditor. You might try contacting them to show your interest.
This feature is in the roadmap and is going to be added. I can't provide exact ETA, but definitely before the end of year. I hope that helps. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. We usually respond much faster when contacted directly: support@jiraeditor.com.
This feature is in the roadmap and is going to be added. I can't provide exact ETA, but definitely before the end of year.
I hope that helps. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. We usually respond much faster when contacted directly: support@jiraeditor.com.
Sorry for the confusion, I thought I was making my initial inquiry targeted to the JEditor folks. Thank you for catching that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.