The first time I start up my web browser each day, I log into JIRA, but my Dashboard is empty and my Agile boards have a big red error. In addition, none of the drop down menus work.
The big red error is:
An error occurredHide…
Please try refreshing the page, or contact your administrator / Atlassian Support if the problem continues.
Details
Exception: NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED: Component returned failure code: 0x8052000b (NS_ERROR_FILE_CORRUPTED) [nsIDOMStorage.getItem]
Resource: http://jira.diamond.ac.uk/s/482adb0e9f17655bbf5eddde396987e6-T/en_UK-j4h70s/6344/6/5b18d2f98945e867b0bead63c497af6f/_/download/contextbatch/js/greenhopper-rapid-non-gadget,atl.general,gh-rapid,jira.global/batch.js?locale=en-UK
Line: 1500
Environment
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
The way I have been working around the problem so far is to quit my web browser, wait for it to close and then open it again. When it comes back up, my Dashboard, Agile board and menus are all just as I expect.
Originally I found the following following suggestion over on Stack Exchange:
Please clear your storage by going to Tools -> Clear Recent History -> Cookies and set time range to 'Everything'. This will remove the corrupted browser storage across all sites.
I did this, but the problem kept returning (it was how I discovered that just restarting the browser fixed the problem temporarily).
This does not happen on any other computer I use, or with any profile other than my main Firefox profile. I do not have the ability to use any other browser and would prefer not to ditch my current profile and start a new one if I can fix this problem without doing so.
Note that I am using Firefox ESR 31.2.0, and our JIRA installation is: Atlassian JIRA Project Management Software (v6.3.13#6344-sha1:62d2b41)
Incidentally, the same thing happened here on Atlassian Answers. When I first submitted this question I was unable to edit the description, so it ended up being blank. When I restarted my browser, returned to this page and went to edit it, the edit box came up as expected.