Hi
I'm trying to set up jira and confluence on the same server behind apache on ubuntu linux with mysql database but do not get it to work.
I did follow the instructions on how to do this and get it to somewhat work. I also google the symptoms im having and tried different setups with no luck.
The problem is that i get Proxy Errors like this ones.
Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /jira/.
Reason: Error reading from remote server
Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /jira/browse/DEMO-1.
Reason: DNS lookup failure for: mydomain.com
I do not get this on every request, but it works once in a while and there is all over the jira site and not on spesefic pages.
My network is set up like this.
Running dynamic dns on my domain and port forward 8090 (confluence) and 8070 (jira) to my server thru the firewall.
I also have a "normal" site running in /var/www/ that runs on port 80 that works just fine.
This is my apache setup :
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
DocumentRoot /var/www
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory /var/www/>
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
<Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
AllowOverride None
Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPreserveHost On
ProxyPass /jira http://mydomain.com:8070/jira
ProxyPassReverse /jira http://mydomain.com:8070/jira
This is my server.xml
Right now i have not set up Confluence since i uninstalled and run the setup on jira
first due to this issue i'm having. The problem presist with only Jira running.
<Service name="Catalina">
<Connector port="8070"
maxThreads="150"
minSpareThreads="25"
connectionTimeout="20000"
enableLookups="false"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
protocol="HTTP/1.1"
useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100"
disableUploadTimeout="true"
proxyName="mydomain.com"
proxyPort="80"/>
<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">
<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
<Context path="/jira" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">