I have created an epic template and a few story templates (with set of fields) and it works well.
Now I need a template to create an epic in one project and the stories should be created in different projects. Can this be done?
Hi @Kalai
Stories from different projects can belong to an epic in another project. Here's a link on options for creating templates.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Where-can-i-create-issue-templates-in-Jira/qaq-p/941917
Hope this helps.
@Benjamin I went through the link. I'm not finding the answer I'm looking for. I have an epic template with 4 story templates linking to the epic. When I create an epic in another project say "Tracking" all the story issues are created in the same project. I want them to be created in 4 different projects - I don't know how to set that up in the story templates that when the epic is created in "Tracking" the stories should be created in specific projects.
@Kalai - Usually, I have seen add-ons will help with templating the Epic with it associated sub-task and children.
check out:
Issue Templates for Jira
Easy Templates for Jira Issues
I did spend some time on it, but I still don't seem to be able to get what I need.
In case I wasn't clear... I create the template structure on the left, it works fine if the epic and stories are all to be created in the same project.
But in my case I want use the epic template to create the epic in PPROJ which should in turn create the issues (stories) in 3 different projects.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.