I am playing the part of admin for a small company. At present, we have only one office server, a Mac, and we wish to run several WebApps on it, one of which is Jira.
Due to resource constraints, we only wish to run one WebApp container; so I started out by building and installing the Jira WAR distribution on Tomcat. This was beset with issues; and I appreciate that WAR distribution is not officially supported for OSX.
Consequently, it seemed an easier route would be to install Jira Standalone, then install the other required WebApps within Jira's bundled Tomcat instance.
I have placed a copy of the Tomcat /manager/ application inside /webapps/, but cannot access it as the authentication is never accepted; despite having set up users and roles correctly in tomcat-users.xml.
This tells me that there has been some effective 'lock out' configuration performed with the Jira Tomcat instance. My question is; what configuration changes will be necessary, to enable me to install and run other Webapps within Jira Standalone's bundled Tomcat instance?
I appreciate this question is outside the scope of the Jira application; but it's surely a common issue. I want Jira to 'play nice' and allow me to use this server for other purposes as well.