Hello,
I am currently using ''Resolution Time'' and ''Closure Time'' Dataplane reports to determine the average time from status OPEN to CLOSED for project tickets.
The issue I have with the data is that, in my workflow, a ticket can go from status 'OPEN' to 'CLOSED' (cancelled resolution) without having been in status 'RESOLVED'. Therefore, the ''Resolution Time'' report has inaccurate data as it does not take those tickets into account.
Also, I have tickets that follow the workflow as such : 'OPEN' - 'IN PROGRESS' - 'RESOLVED' and remain in status 'Resolved' for some time before going to status 'CLOSED' (and some never do!). So, data from the ''Closure Time'' report is also not valid because :
1) Tickets can remain in status 'RESOLVED' for weeks before status is changed to 'CLOSED' so my closure time is inaccurate.
2) Tickets in status 'RESOLVED' are not picked up by the ''Closure Time'' report when I'd want to consider them 'CLOSED' even if not in that status.
Is there a report (or JQL) I could use that would give me the REAL resolution time from ANY open STATUS to either RESOLVED or CLOSED? What would be your recommendations?
Thank you so much!