Hi,
is it possible to hide the sidebar in the defult theme?
With the documentation theme it's possible hide it.
Regards, Chris
Hi Chris,
Can you clarify which version of Confluence you're asking about? I'm assuming 5.1.x but I don't want to assume.... I'm sure you know the saying...
Push the "[" key to minimize the sidebar. I recommend you don't totally remove the sidebar as it'll remove your Space Tools link.
You can use jQuery and add CSS to the space or site wide to set the sidebar to it's minimized state.
Or if you're really set on removing the sidebar
We would like to do just that - minimize the sidebar when opening a certain space. How can I do that?
You can use the HTML macro and some CSS to hide it. You'll need to use an inspector to suss what is appropriate for your version of Confluence. For example, in 5.1:
<style> #splitter-sidebar { width:0 !important; } #splitter-button, #splitter .vsplitbar { display:none !important; } </style>
Works like a charm! Thanks!
This works for 5.4 at least... maybe more - my admins just gave me this one and it works to get rid of the sidebar when you add it to your stylesheet.
div#splitter-sidebar {display: none;visibility:hidden;}
Copy the address of the Space Administration page first and save it somewhere you can access it whenever you want since you're going to be hiding the Space Tool button permanently.
Hello.
I'm not familiar with CSS, but I've just modified my personal space style with Confluence default theme (not Documentation theme).
It seems sidebar is hidden.
I hope this would be any help...
div.theme-default .ia-splitter #main { margin-left: 0px; } .ia-fixed-sidebar, .ia-splitter-left { display: none; } div#main { margin-left: 0px !important; } div#footer { margin-left: 0px !important; }
This works for Confluence 6.3 also.
This too works like a charm:
div#full-height-container div.ia-splitter .ia-fixed-sidebar {display: none !important;visibility:hidden !important;}
it worked for me too. Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.