I work with 2 JIRA/Confluence server instances. Inst-A, which I do not control and Inst-B which I have full control over. Inst-A has been using long term release versions while in Inst-B I had been been trying to keep up to date with the latest license versions though Inst-B did fall out of use for at least 6 months.
Recently, I was asked to get Inst-B working again and matched version-wise with Inst-A which means, for Confluence, installing a lower version than was already installed.
1) On Inst-B, I installed Confluence 7.4.8, build number 8402. However, I replaced 7.8.x,, build number 8502. Now my confluence.cfg.xml and database CONFVERSION both show 8502. I thought I could manually edit confluence.cfg.xml and use the SQL
UPDATE CONFVERSION
SET VERSIONTAG = NULL,
BUILDNUMBER = 7201
WHERE CONFVERSIONID = 4560123456;
using 8402 for the BUILDNUMBER and CONFVERSIONID 13959171

as explained in
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-will-not-start-up-because-the-build-number-in-the-home-directory-doesn-t-match-the-build-number-in-the-database-after-upgrade-376834096.html
Does this seem reasonable or should I go about it a different way?
2) Running
select * from CONFVERSION;
shows me there are 3 build numbers in our confluence database, please see above picture. Is this "normal"? Should I delete 2 of them so there is only 1 build number in the DB?
Thank You for your help,
Jim