Hello all,
I am a project manager working in an enterprise software implementation project. When we go-live we would like to close the Jira project we are using and transition into an umbrella "project" used in our organization to manage enhancements and other changes for the system that will go live. We would like to have a tracking mechanism for these enhancements and I wanted to ask the community if there are best practices on this topic. The objective is that even if the enhancements are being raised outside of a Jira project, we would like to have the ability to view all enhancements and review all work related to the system. To illustrate my question, see the timeline below:
1. Jan 1, 2022 - we go live with our system, and soon close the Jira project
2. Jan 1, to Dec 31, 2022 - we have some enhancements that will use the umbrella "project"
3. Jan 1, 2023 - we want to review all the tickets from the year (at a minimum it will be a year end review, but we will want to monitor during the year as well)
I understand we may be mixing the concept of project and product support, but at the moment, we are simply using what is available. I am happy to hear ideas from the community who may have some experience on this topic.
Regards,
Roy Macaraig