Hi,
I am trying to update Confluence Server which runs as a Docker container from v.7.11.0 to v.7.12.0
Before doing anything I am checking to verify that there aren't any incompatible plugins and if one is found I am disabling it temporarily.
I then follow the following procedure:
docker stop {confluence_container}
docker pull atlassian/confluence-server:7.12.0
docker rm {confluence_container}
docker run --name {confluence_container} -v {confluence_container}_data:/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence -v {confluence_container}_logs:/opt/atlassian/confluence/logs -v {confluence_container}_conf:/opt/atlassian/confluence -e ATL_JDBC_URL="jdbc:postgresql://{postgres_container}:5432/{postgres_confluence_db}" -e ATL_JDBC_USER={postgres_confluence_db_user} -e ATL_JDBC_PASSWORD={postgres_confluence_db_password} -e ATL_DB_DRIVER=org.postgresql.Driver -e ATL_DB_TYPE=postgresql -e JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY=1792m -e JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY=3072m -e JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS=-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/cacerts -e ATL_PROXY_NAME={confluence.mydomain.com} -e ATL_PROXY_PORT=443 -e ATL_TOMCAT_SCHEME=https -e ATL_TOMCAT_SECURE=true -e ATL_AUTOLOGIN_COOKIE_AGE=3600 --restart always -d atlassian/confluence-server:7.12.0
*All values in brackets {} have been replaced from the real ones
"docker ps" shows that I am using the correct image version on the new container but on the web page I still see 7.11.0 and update check reveals that 7.12.0 is still available and I am running 7.11.0 still.
Logs reveal the following: 2021-04-25 10:36:02,408 INFO [Catalina-utility-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] contextInitialized Starting Confluence 7.11.0 [build 8701 based on commit hash 4ab2fd7acc79914c58393a7ecef6f9e51f1cca39] - synchrony version 4.0.0-master-b109be2a
which concurs that 7.11.0 is starting instead of 7.12.0
I have followed the same procedure for BitBucket but that got updated without a problem.
On the other hand the same procedure on one container running altogether Software, Core, ServiceManagement is having the same result, meaning that is not updated and the previous version is still in use (exactly like what is happening with Confluence).
Why is this happening? What am I doing wrong here?
Best regards,
G.