I want to link my jira (VM1) application to confluence (VM2). My SSL certs are stored in F5 (big-ip) which is used as a reverse proxy.
Clients conntect via https on port 443. The reverse proxy (192.168.178.1) F5 will then forward to request (jira-test.net or confluence-test.net) using SNI to the SAML AUTH -> tothe backendIP. If the client would like to connect to jira or confluence will be solved with SNI.
If I try to curl or link the application within webinterface from VM1 or VM2, I get HTTP 302 message from F5 telling me that the access policy is not okay "DENY". I can follow the curl with: curl -L and end up getting this: /my.logout.php3?errorcode=19' and then http 200 with some f5 errorpage. But the SSL cert handshake is ok.
Since the VM1&2 are in DMZ I would like to link the applications. I can access from external address both services.
Can anybody tell me what setting is required in the f5 BigIP to be able to link my application? I tried different access policys with "ip subnet match" pointing to the BackendIP's from VM1&2, but still no change. Are there any other settings I could try?
Any help is appreciated.