I made quite few changes in my project (I was working on a remote branch and not the master), I committed them and created a pull request on BitBucket and merged the branch to master. I had forgotten to push my changes after the commit. Now, after trying switching the current branch to my remote branch and reverting to the commit before the merge, I managed to get all my changes back and back them up elsewhere in my system. What I want to do now is undo the bad merge that I did. Each time I click on the merge and select "Reverse commit", I get the following error message:
"error: Commit <commit_id> is a merge but no -m option was given.
fatal: revert failed"
I want to basically remove the merge and bring it to a state such that it doesn't say master(4 behind) anymore.
I am new to source control and I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out with this.