I have Eror from this commit ? have any idea solution?
Could you try the next command?
<br>git -c commit.gpgsign=false commit
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=264619
Hi, it looks like a common issue on GitHub, I'm trying to run a commit but I get same error then I tried your command with no succeed, any other suggestion?
OS: Solus GNU/Linux
GIT version 2.30.2
Thanks
Ok I managed to fix the issue following this post https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39494631/gpg-failed-to-sign-the-data-fatal-failed-to-write-commit-object-git-2-10-0 and Shayan Amani answer. Basically we need to update our gpgsign and sync the email with it inside GitHub.
some eror, any idea please?
If you are on Linux, just delete the '~/.gitconfig' or '/home/$USER/.gitconfig' file. This will take git to an unconfigured state. The problem was that somehow the configuration file got changed by some unwanted operation and the value of `gpgsign` was set to `null`. Deleting the file or deleting the line containing `gpgsign` should solve the problem.
Edit: That problem is due to you have "git gpg signing" turned on, but no GnuPG installed. It's easy to disable it permanently by modyfing your .gitconfig, just type this command:
git config --global commit.gpgsign false
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.