Hi,
We love to use the clone plus function as we have a lot more control over the results. For example we have some fields that we do not want to get cloned which it handles very well. The problem is sometimes our users will use the basic JIRA clone function and these fields get cloned. We can't seem to control that so it leads to inconsitent and confussing results. Since clone plus gives us all the functionality is there a way to "turn off" the basic JIRA clone functionality?
Best Regards,
Ian
Hi Ian,
you can turn this off by disabeling a module of a system Plugin. Go to:
Administration > Plugins -> show system plugins -> issue operation plugin -> manage plugin modules -> View Issue Ops Bar Clone Link
(might be slightly different, depending on your JIRA version...)
Hope that helps? Cheers, David
David's answer is the best alternative. Another option is discussed in Disable the standard clone action
In Jira 6.1.3 this is available via
Can we disable the Clone option for certain projects only ?
You can write a custom class to check for project key and add as a condition in system-issueoperations-plugin.xml
I'm using the Add-On "Exocet" from Valiantys. They bring their own extended clone-function with it.
Now I want to disable the JIRA-Standard-cloning, because I don't want to have two cloning-functions in the "More Actions"-menu.
I tried the way above to disable the module in the System Add-On "Issue operation plugin" but there is none in my JIRA 7.1.7.
What else can I do to disable the menu entry?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.