I'm just getting started with Jira and I'm looking for tips and input from other folks who may be using Jira to aid managing IT infrastructure projects.
I'm open to all opinions, tips, and best practice recommendations.
Thank you
Patrick
There are a lot of ways you could approach this, but Jira Service Management (a different Atlassian Product) is specifically designed for what you're looking to do. I'd suggest having a peek at what it offers.You can do most of the same work in JIRA with enough setup, but the addition of a service desk frontend for requests, incident management, and the pretty incredible integrations with 3rd party services make JSM a great choice.
If you're going to use just regular JIRA - you may find the simplicity of the Next-Generation projects to be desirable. The automation and workflow setup is significantly simpler than the classic projects, which have a pretty steep learning curve - but do offer a lot more customization.
Thank you for the tips! I'll check them out.
Hi Chris,
How can I road-test Next-Generation projects with my current Jira server ?
Is this a plugin of sorts?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.